Difficult Driveway Stains
Having stains on your driveway can be an eyesore for yourself and for your guests. They can also be very difficult to clean and remove. You may have tried pressure washing and scrubbing, but the stain still remains. Unfortunately, when your car has an oil leak your driveway usually ends up having those unbearable black oil spots. Although they seem impossible to remove, with a little time and patience you can lift those nasty stains.
Things You’ll Need:
- Kitty litter
- Powdered laundry detergent
- Newspaper Wire brush
Instructions (Credit to ehow.com):
- Wipe up as much of the oil as possible with newspaper or old cloths.
- Pour kitty litter on the stain and cover it completely and cover it with newspaper.
- Allow the kitty litter to sit on the stain overnight.
- Sweep up the kitty litter and discard it.
- Cover the stain with laundry powder detergent.
- Pour water lightly onto the detergent. The detergent should be dampened, not washed away so don’t use too much water. The detergent and water should form a paste.
- Cover the detergent with newspaper and leave it to sit overnight.
- Remove most of the detergent paste leaving only a thing coating with a broom or an old cloth.
- Add more water to the paste and scrub the area with a wire brush.
- Rinse the area with clean water and allow it to air dry.
For More Information And Help With Your Garage Door Repairs Contact Us Today:
Metro Phoenix: (602) 396-4717
Tucson: (520) 423-4107
West Valley / Sun City: (623) 889-2357
East Valley / Scottsdale: (480) 289-2719